Alliance Rowing Club (ARC) of Illinois was founded in 2012 to deliver a complete club program on the Northshore of Chicago. A complete program addresses: grass-roots development, high school and adult recreational & competitive rowing opportunities. This ALL Ages club is dedicated to the education and promotion for every aspect of the satisfying, challenging and life-long endeavor known as CREW.
The ARC Everyone Rows approach allows all levels of recreational and ultra-competitive individuals to participate and grow their skills in a positive and productive environment. ARC allow all ages to row Athletically (fitness cross-training), Recreationally & Competitively in a flexible learning and mentoring environment by offering the following programs:
- Deliver “Learn to Row” indoor rowing ergometer clinics
- Provide correct and anatomically-safe rowing Strength & Conditioning programs
- Deliver dryland training to youth and adults through public group Rowdio™ classes
- Prepare incoming high school and collegiate students to successfully tryout for
their selected team
- Provide accessible recreational opportunities to enjoy on-the-water sculling and sweep rowing for all age groups, special needs and physically disabled participants
- Develop and maintain a boat and equipment co-op for membership use
Indoor rowing on Concept2 ergometers for 6-8th Graders
- Strength and Conditioning Cross-training for multisport athletes including hockey, soccer, lacrosse, baseball, basketball, cycling, running, swimming, bowling, etc.
Alliance Rowing Club of Illinois
Northshore Fitness Studio
905 Ridge Road
Wilmette, IL 60091-1559